Whangarei Gourmet Meats was established in October 2017. It is a family owned business established by Michael & Gemma Paterson.
Michael is a butcher from Melbourne with over 20 years’ experience in butchery and managing butcher shops. Michael and Gemma moved to Whangarei in June 2017 to buy the shop and move closer to Gemma’s family. Since having the shop, they have grown their business within the community with helping with sponsorships with schools and sport clubs.
The Whangarei Butchery team
Michael is a hands-on operator looking over all aspects of the shop and staff. He prides everything he does in the shop and makes sure we are giving customer 100% satisfaction and quality.
We have 3 full-time staff members at the shop who love giving the best service and quality to anyone coming into the store.
Cam is a fulltime butcher who has been in the industry for 7 years and working with us since day one of the business, he prides his self with every small detail and loves his customer service.
Jared is a second-year apprentice starting with us in November 2017, He is learning all aspects of the industry and business, He is very good with his customer service and helping with everything he can.
Corey is a first-year apprentice and has only been with us since April 2019, Corey has worked in the industry for a couple of years in Whangarei, you might have seen him at the mad butcher. Corey is very good with customers.
Our butchery services include:
- Retail – come into our shop and see our selection of meat on display we have beef, lamb, pork, sausages, game meat, smallgoods, speciality items. All our sausages and small goods are made in store.
- Order online – we offer an online store where you can do all your shopping online and either pick it up or get it delivered.
- Wholesale – we do wholesale to business around Whangarei if you are a business and would like a price on meat give us a call or come into the store and see us, we are always happy to help.
- Homekills – we offer a homekill service, if you would like information on what we do you can either give us a call, get details on this website or come in to our store.
- Roasting Service – we offer a service where we will cook your meat for you, all you have to do is give us a call and we will have it ready for you to pick up
- Catering– we will cater for your next big function give us a call to find out more.